Saturday, April 3, 2010

Zip Line

Unfortunately I was not able to take pictures when the kids were on the high elements of the challenge course. I was busy fastening harnesses and holding ladders. Morgan did a great job on one of the courses. It was a telephone pole with a pedestal on top. You had to climb up and then stand on top. Then you had to jump off and try to hit a tether ball that was dangling from a line. Did I mention that the top was about 25-30 feet off the ground.

It is funny to see the tough boys get scared about half way up. (I can't say that I blame them for being scared.) Only 3 kids from our group actually made it to the top and jumped off. 2 boys and 1 girl. Morgan did not make it to the top, she got about 3/4 of the way. She was the only one to jump though. Most were too scared and wanted to climb back down. She said it was fun.


The next one they got to do was the Zip Line. The kids had to shimmy across a tightrope from the side of the hill to get to the zip line. This was quite intimidating itself. Only 2 kids wanted to do this. One girl was first (Morgan's friend Abigail) and then one of the boys. (same 2 that did the other challenge).
If you look closely you will notice that this is not Morgan, it's me! The chaperons were able to do the challenges if there was time. And since only 2 kids wanted to do it, we had plenty of time.

I was surprised to see these pictures. I had one of the girls walk my camera down for me. Morgan was already at the bottom of the hill. She was working the bike that brought the zip line back up to the top (that would be the set of ropes on the right of the picture). When I got down, she told me that she took pictures for me. What a sweet girl!

No comments: